Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Rocks Off On Hump Day

It has been awhile since I got my Rocks Off ~

Here is a dainty little necklace I just finished in time for today.  I snapped a quickie before my day gets ahead of me and I never get this posted.  I need to get back to my real camera for blog photos.  It will never be my strong point, but I can give a little more than the cell phone photos.

Side 1 ~ Seed Beads, Delicas, Gram's button, Lake Michigan Rock

And the flip side, which I think I like better.

I had no intention of doing a rock today.  I was just messing around with beaded chain ideas.  I got about an inch into this chain and thought it would made a good base of a bezel.  I grabbed a rock, wrapped the little piece of beaded chain around it and I was right!  It is pretty much a square stitch chain and has enough give for cabs/rocks that are not perfectly round/oval.  I will certainly use it again.  Maybe I'll be back next Wednesday ~ sure hope so!

3 comments:

windrock studio said...

Fabulous!!

AntiquityTravelers said...

oh! I didn't realize it was reversible!! I love the earthy, simplicity of this .... letting that cool rock take the stage. I bet you had fun beading round, and round :)

Liz said...

I totally miss it. I hope for MANY more Rocks Off On Hump Day posts (don't worry, it's still okay to take the summer off). This necklace is a beauty. Simple and extremely lovely. You have a great eye for picking rocks, and then you know exactly what beads to pair them with. I wish this rock could tell it's story. From Lake Michigan, to hanging out on Christine beading table -- soon to be nestled in someone's cleavage?