Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Time To Stitch 5 : The Same But Different




Therese and I are hosting another A Time To Stitch Hop.  Please sign up here or over at Therese's Treasures.  We will need your name, e-mail, and blog address in order to put you on the list.

Sign ups for A Time To Stitch 5 start today and go until Thursday April 17th.
Reveal Date is June 17th.


This time :
            You will be taking the same stitch of your own choosing and make three of the same pieces with it, just changing up the main beads each time.  You will either change up the size, the color, the finish, or the shape.


Example :
           If I choose to make a peyote stitch bracelet, I will make one bracelet with size 15 seed beads, one with size 11 seed beads and one with size 8 seed beads.
OR
I will make one in red, one in blue, and one in brown.
OR
I will make one in red matte, one in red transparent, one on red iridescent.
OR
I will make one in seed beads, one in cubes, and one in peanuts.


The idea behind this Hop is to see how changing the bead can change the whole look of the piece, even using the same stitch.  It is fascinating how bead choices, as much as stitch choices, change the piece.  Hopefully this little experiment will broaden all our repertoires!

Sign Up today through next Thursday for this easy Hop ~ work with a stitch you are comfortable with, and have a little light fun this Spring :-D


12 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Yay I'm in so sign me up! LOL I am in a playful mood this morning!
Therese

Maryanne said...

Sign me up, Christine! I love these Time to Stitch challenges.

Honey from the Bee said...

I'm in Christine & Therese!

kimmykats said...

I am in!

Bits of Learning said...

Sign me up!!! please!!

AntiquityTravelers said...

Woot! You know I love this theme ... and soooo in! sign me up

Bobbie said...

I signed up on Therese's blog, but wanted to give you a big ol' shout out as well. Woohoo!!!

Karin Slaton said...

We should learn a lot from this one! Love the way you've changed it up. It's going on my calendar right this minute!

Liz said...

Yes, I'm in! You and Therese always have such fun time to stitch hops.

ACBeads said...

Please sign me up. It's going to be great fun. Thank you for the opportunity.
Ana

Wendy said...

I'd like to sign up too please? I've never done one of these hops before but it looks like fun. Do you need any more information from me? If you click my name it'll take you to my blog

Mary Harding said...

I saw this on your Shirbori Ribbon challenge and can't resist. Please include me!!
Thanks so much.