Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What I Did on My Summer Vacation~Part 2

Another look at what beading went on while I was on computer hiatus.

First up, Turquoise and Carnelian and Sterling.  I have been playing with these turquoise chunks for over 5 years.  In the end...kept it simple.  They are so bold on their own.  Why was I struggling to do even more with them?!






Next is a Pyrite piece.  I beaded around a few of the rounds and added a little detail to the rectangle.  It actually turned out just as I saw it in my head.  I really like the pyrite...I will definitely be getting more in the future.
































This next one is a  Lariat with a zigzag stitch in copper colored seed beads.  I finished it off in turquoise colored rounds (that may be turquoise but I am not sure...what I do know is I used them a lot this summer!  love them!  Perfect color and perfect size!), gifted me to me by Cynthia at Antiquity Travelers.
I couldn't get a great photo of it, but I really do like this piece.





Last but certainly not least is one I put on Facebook a few weeks back.  Mandalas in turquoise, bronze, and red.  There will be more of these!  This was my favorite to make out of all of the necklaces.  There was a great flow to the process.  There is something about going around in all those circles that gives me peace and keeps me centered.



Trying to find a rhythm to the blogging again.  I haven't found it yet, but I am working on it.  Today, I bead some more.  Not wild abandon beading like I had hoped, but custom pieces.  But all beading is good beading, I suppose!

12 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Beautiful necklaces Christine, you were right on with the turquoise slabs they look really nice with the Carnillan stones.
Therese

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Love those turquoise designs, Christine... I won some turquoise from an AJE destash recently, so now I haven't any excuse not to give it a try. From what you shared today, it seems to be very adaptable to many colours and styles.

Liz said...

Ooooooooo nice! I love your color combinations. Bold and cheerful. Longer necklaces are so attractive to me. When I wear necklaces I'm a fondler, I like to touch them and play with them, so longer necklaces are always my favorites. I'm going to have to try a lariat style necklace, I really like the way yours came out.

KJ said...

I buy all sorts of beads and hold onto them until I am inspired. I hung onto my slab turquoise for quite some time. I am glad you found your inspiration.

You will find the pace for blogging that suits you.

AntiquityTravelers said...

oh man! what a collection!! where to start?

First off, I love them all. Wait ... did I say all? yes!

Those 'slabs' (really they are called slabs?) of turquoise are stunning ... and beautiful in their simplicity! and the pyrite ... well I just love that stone. with it's shiny lusciousness

But ok, that lariat with the turquoise? are you kidding me? completely in LOVE with that ... BIG LOVE - LOVE

and the last... you've got that special touch ... earthy, Native-American inspired, colors ... stunning.

loving them all my friend!

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Every single one is beautiful! After finishing my beaded cabochon for Sally's blog hop next month, I even appreciate your "beaded beads" even more!!!! Turquoise...my birthstone...is by far my favorite of all gemstones. The contrast with the turquoise slabs and carnelian is absolutely fabulous and I must say, the boldness of that piece makes it my favorite! Nice job, lady!

LisaS said...

Wow! These are beautiful necklaces. -Love the mandalas ;)

CraftyHope said...

Wow, these are some really beautiful necklaces. What is it about turquoise and carnelian that they go so well together. Those large slabs would totally have had me stumped for longer than 5 years. Way to go on finding something that really works so well with them. I have to say though, that the simple lariat is my favorite of the bunch. I can't even explain why. Wonderful job.

BIKBIK AND RORO said...

Beautiful! That first necklace in particular -- it makes me think of an ancient Egyptian queen :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

Oh! I love those turquoise chunks! They are so cool with their ragged shapes. Those type are beads are definitely best kept simple. The other pieces are awesome too. Pyrite is so neat. I love the brassy undertones in the rock.

Gloria said...

These are beautiful-like verses and poems, each idea set in a pretty frame.

Amy S. said...

Just loving all these pieces so much!!! Especially still that manadala necklace!!